New Books Added to Lonely Planet's Collection of Books
I am a big fan of Lonely Planet! In fact, before I make any trip to a new destination, I will always make it a point to check out Lonely Planet so that I can get some essential travel information and travel ideas prior my visit. When I need some travel inspiration for my solo travels, Lonely Planet is the first place that I will always go to.
Are you a fellow Solo Traveller? If you are, then you got to read The Solo Travel Handbook!
Written by Lonely Planet’s solo travel pros, the book is packed with pearls of wisdom, inspiration and real-life tales from the road – and covers everything from preparation, such as booking, budgeting and packing, to practical advice for meeting people, staying safe and healthy, working remotely and staying connected abroad.
Perfect for once-in-a-lifetime adventures to weekend getaways, this definitive guide gives seasoned and beginner travellers alike the confidence and know-how to embark on a solo trip, helping them to overcome any fears or concerns they might have while preparing them for the journey ahead.
The Solo Travel Handbook also features 10 of the best places around the world for food (Vietnam), nightlife, a solo stopover (Singapore), culture, self-reflection (Ubud, Bali) and lots more.
Other chapters in The Solo Travel Handbook include:
• Why go solo?
• 10 lessons you learn while travelling solo
• The solo travel quiz
• How to arrive at any new destination like a boss
• 10 travel hacks every solo traveller should know
• 10 non-awkward ways to meet people on the road
• 11 ways to overcome loneliness
• Top 20 ways to stay safe on the road
Apart from having a wide collection of travel guidebooks that caters to youth and adults alike, Lonely Planet has resources for kids too! In fact, Lonely Planet Kids has published more than fifty books and more recently, they have three exciting new additions to the Lonely Planet Kids First Words book series!
Simple, striking and beautifully illustrated, these three new books - First Words: Italian, First Words: Japanese and First Words: Mandarin - are the perfect introduction to new languages for the whole family.
Each First Words book contains:
- 100 travel-relevant words, from the airport to ice cream and tomato to umbrella.
- One word per double page, with a simple pronunciation guide accompanying a bold, colourful illustration to give the word context – and to help make remembering the new vocabulary easy and fun.
- (What I personally like best about the Lonely Planet Kids First Words book series)- Access to a free audio pronunciation guide. Either scan the QR code on the book’s back cover or visit Lonely Planet Kids’ First Words website (www.lonelyplanet.com/kids/first-words) to discover a list of every word in the book. Click on each word to hear it spoken clearly by an Italian-, Japanese- or Mandarin-speaking child.
Suitable for kids ages 5-8, Lonely Planet Kids First Words book series is certainly a book that will help children learn simple words!