Quick Post About The Color Run Singapore
The first ever Color Run in Singapore was held yesterday and we have just completed it. As we just got back not long ago, it would be too late for us to do up a complete post event blog entry but as we understand that there will be a second session that will be taking place later, here's just a few tips that might just come in handy. 1. Don't wear expensive or branded jewellery as you probably don't want them to appear different from the first time you bought it.
2. Don't wear a new pair of sports shoes to the event. Try to search for a pair of old sports shoes and put them on instead.
3. If you're driving, Imbiah Carpark is closed and the only carpark available is Beach Station; so be there early as there will definitely be lots of people driving in. Carpark cost $5 for the first 4 hours and $2 per subsequent hour. Carpark rates will cost $2 per entry after 5pm.
4. Try to avoid the Red Colour Powder. It's extremely difficult to remove and despite bathing and scrubbing for more than 4 times, it still remains.
5. New Balance will be having a booth at the event village. Do go check them out as they will be giving away a free scarf which will be handy for the run. To get the free scarf, you will have to like New Balance Singapore Facebook Page. For both the guys and gals, we highly recommend that you cover your head with a hat or the New Balance scarf because when the powder gets into your scalp, its even harder to remove.
6. When you complete the run, a bottle of mineral water or 100 Plus will be issued to you with a packet of colour powder for you to use. Use them wisely. During the run, there are 3 water points set-up at different locations so bringing a water bottle is not necessary unless you prefer to hydrate more than usual.
7. There is a photo booth for you to snap some event pictures that will be made available on CIMB Facebook Page. So, don't miss it!
8. Try not to bring bulky DSLRs for photo-taking. Your smartphone camera should suffice.
9. After the 1KM mark, there will be lots of uphills and when you proceed to the downhill portion, exercise greater care as the floor can be quite slippery.
We hope these tips would come in handy and we will be writing a more comprehensive and detailed post event blog entry about the Color Run soon. Meanwhile, have fun and enjoy the run later on because it will definitely be a blast!