Singapore Blog Awards Ceremony 2013 @ Shanghai Dolly
Last Saturday, we attended the Singapore Blog Awards Ceremony 2013 that was organised at Shanghai Dolly by OMY and it was a good time of catching up with our friends from the blogosphere. This annual event is a rather big event for bloggers and it always gets bigger and better every year. The theme for this year's Singapore Blog Awards is the 1960's and we found it really meaningful. It was through the theme that we learnt how the people in the 1960's live and what their culture were like. To be honest, Jacqueline and I didn't thought of participating in this year's Singapore Blog Awards 2013 as we didn't felt like we had the chance of even winning anything. However, a really good Blogger friend of ours, Mag, felt that we had the potential and nominated us for the Best Lifestyle Blog Category.
Seriously, there are a lot of Lifestyle Bloggers in Singapore and even then, the title of a "Lifestyle Blogger" can be rather generic and vague. As a matter of fact, lifestyle can cover anything and everything from topics like fashion and entertainment to topics like food and events. Hence, we were extremely surprised when the results were out and we ended up as the Top 10 Finalists for the Best Lifestyle Blog! Looking back, I guess we have come a long way now and it definitely wasn't easy as the Best Lifestyle Blog Category was a hotly-contested one.
Although we didn't clinch the title of "Best Lifestyle Blogger", it didn't matter to us because we know that all this wouldn't even have happened if not for our Blogger friend, Mag, whom believed in us and nominated us. Hence, a very much of our success for this year's Singapore Blog Awards 2013 is attributed to her. Also, the other group of people whom we would like to thank would be our family members and friends whom constantly and religiously voted for us every single day. Like we mentioned from the very first day, we don't enjoy canvassing for votes because it is such a tedious and long process. If only the voting campaign was shorter and straightforward, I believe it would have levelled the playing field as Bloggers whom have more followers would definitely have a major advantage over those who don't.
Nevertheless, we enjoyed ourselves at the Singapore Blog Award Ceremony 2013 as both Jacqueline and I wore quirky retro outfit that kinda attracted a little too much attention. It was a blast and it was really nice meeting new people and making new friends.
Here are just some of our photos that were taken during the Singapore Blog Awards Ceremony 2013.
A photo of both Jacqueline and I [Credits to Alvinology.com for the Photograph]
Here's a short interview of the bloggers at the Singapore Blog Awards Ceremony 2013
Since we don't usually have the time for some me-posts [a.k.a personal posts], here are just some heads-up information about our coming blog posts [arranged in order of sequence] that you might want to look out for:
- [5 Pairs of Golden Village Movie Tickets Giveaway]-Sponsored by ciNE65
- A Preview of the Kia Forte K3
- Announcement of the Winners for the $20 NTUC Vouchers Sponsored by SingTel
- [2 Packets of Cafedirect Ground Full Roast Coffee Giveaway]- Sponsored by Cafedirect
- Announcement of the Winners for the Golden Village Movie Tickets Sponsored by ciNE65
- A Preview of the New Nokia 925 Smartphone
- Annoucement of the Winners for the Cafedirect Ground Full Roast Coffee Sponsored by Cafedirect
- [2 Bottles of Jaillance Semillon Sparkling Wine Giveaway]- Sponsored by Jaillance
- Our 2013 Trip to Taiwan [Xinshe Castle in Taichung & Mushroom Farm]
- Announcement of the Winners for the Jaillance Semillon Sparkling Wine Sponsored by Jaillance
- [2 Tins of Cafedirect Sao Tome Hot Chocolate Giveaway]- Sponsored by Cafedirect
- Our 2013 Trip to Taiwan [Carton King & Banana New Paradise]
- Announcement of the Winners for Cafedirect Sao Tome Hot Chocolate Sponsored by Cafedirect
Do note that the upcoming blog posts may be subjected to changes as we might be attending some other product launches and events that may fall in between the scheduled blog posts. Nevertheless, we look forward to all of your wonderful participation as we work with our partners and sponsors to bring you great content and products! :)