140811- We've Been Together for 7 Months
It's Sunday and today is a really special day because Baby and I are celebrating our 7 months of being together. Being a new blog that is supported and encouraged by my girlfriend, I dedicate this entire entry to her. How Did Jacqueline and I Got Together and When was That?
I first knew Jacqueline through a friend of mine. My first meet up with Jacqueline was with Aldaias when we decided to go for supper at Chomp Chomp. After that, we met up a second time right before I left for my Genting cum Kuala Lumpur trip with Aldaias. When I returned from my trip, I decided to ask her out on the 14th of January and that was the day we got together.
What Do I Like About Her and What is so Special About Her?
Jacqueline is not like some of the "girlfriends" I know. She is especially meticulous and attentive to details. Because of that, she's really sweet so let me just give a few examples:
- She always bring a spare jacket whenever we go to the movies because she knows how I would always shiver whenever its super cold in the theatre
- She will always "dabao" my favourite food (rojak, muah chee, otah, duck rice, Macdonalds') whenever she visits my place
- She sacrifices a lot just to get my favourite gadgets on special occasions (just so you know, she got me a Wii Console set, 1 controller, with 4 Games for my birthday!)
- She is someone who cares a lot for other people and is always giving (she was the one who suggested we make an Easter gift for my Cellgroup members)
- She loves pets (dogs, cats, birds, fishes- or anything that's cute and furry, even monkeys)
- She loves movies, ice-cream, chocolate, "tau huay" (anything that's nice and yummy!)
- She is super creative! (my brother's 21'st birthday almost became a Macdonald's children birthday party with a twist)
- She can really click with people unlike me, I'm anti-social!
- When I was still in OCS, she folded my clothes and helped me with preparing dummy grenades & cylume straws while I complete my assignments
And there's alot more but I shan't bore you all.
What Are Our Usual Activities?
People say that there isn't much things to do in Singapore because the place is just so small, but Jacqueline and I don't really think so. In fact, we often like to laze around at home and catch some variety shows like "Master Chef Australia", "Hell's Kitchen", and "Taiwan News" or perhaps watch some downloaded movies. At times, she will cook for me and boy, everything that she cooks is healthy and yummy! Some other things we enjoy doing together are grocery shopping at midnight and prawning at either Bishan or Pasir Ris till 3-4am in the morning! Life is never boring with her around because it is not what we do that matters, but it is the fact that we enjoy being in each other's accompany that is important.
Some Things That I Do Which Probably Turns Her Off Is
- Spend a lot on unnecessary things
- Get too obsessed with breeding my Siamese Betta Fishes or Triops
- Am fickle-minded when making decisions
- Don't sleep and spend so much time working on my computer doing my research
- Play with her hair and disturb her early in the morning
Were There Challenges Faced In Our Relationship and How Did Both of Us Overcome Them?
Yes, and I believe that every relationship has their own set of problems and challenges. I am glad that my girlfriend is really open and honest. Whenever we face a problem, we would call for a timeout and we would talk about it heart to heart, literally. As we both believe that communication is the key to life, we always maintain an open form of communication so that we talk about everything and anything, honestly, and openly. If we can't find a solution, we would often compromise with one another so that both of us would be in a win-win situation.
How Will The Future Be Like For The Both of Us?
Seriously, even though no one knows the future, one thing that is really clear for the both of us is that we do enjoy each other's presence and we strive to keep it that way. At the end of the day, we will work hard to stay together and be together for as long as time allows us to.